How do I join the 2020 Y&Y Fellowship Program?
The Selection Process will comprise a total of four consecutive and eliminatory steps.
First Step: online applications. Approved applicants will receive detailed instructions for the completion of additional assignments.
Second Step: online individual interviews.
Third Step: a 10-day online introductory training, including an opening webinar and two learning modules with mandatory deliverables.
After the conclusion of the Selection Process, Yunus&Youth will communicate the final results individually to each applicant via email.
What information do I need to complete the online application form?
About the applicant
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Skype ID
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residency (March-October, 2020)
- LinkedIn Profile
- Level of Education
- Spoken Languages
- Time availability
About the organization
- Organization Name
- Year founded / established
- Describe your social business in one or two sentences.
- Head Office Location (City, Country)
- Has the organization expanded to other regions?
- Website URL
- Social Media
- Name of Founder(s)
- Number of people on your leadership / executive team
- Diversity of people on your leadership / executive team
- Number of employees
- Is the organization legally registered?
- What is the current stage of your business?
- Which industry do you primarily work in?
- What is your position / role in the organization?
- Do you have any other professional occupation, besides this business?
- If so, what is your other occupation (position and company)?
- How much of your time is spent working on your social business?
- Have you or your business ever participated in any acceleration or incubation programs? If yes, please specify.
- Have you or your business ever won any prizes, grants, awards, or other forms of recognition? If yes, please specify.
- Have you ever pitched your business solution to a panel of investors?
- Have you raised any investments for your business? If yes, please specify.
About the problem & solution
- What global challenge areas (UN SDGs) are your main priority to solve?
- Please describe the social or environmental issue that you are working to solve.
- Why are you passionate about tackling this challenge?
- Does your solution specifically target problems faced by any minority group?
- How does your social business solve that problem?
- Are any new technologies a part of your solution?
- What kind of evidence do you have that your solution solves the challenge you are tackling?
- Who are your beneficiaries? Who are you helping?
- Who are your paying customers? Are they different from your beneficiaries?
- Please indicate the sources of revenue for your organization.
- How many customers have paid for your product / service in the past 12 months?
- What are your main expenses?
- What are the most important measures / indicators of your success?
About the current challenges and needs
- Why are you applying for the Yunus&Youth Fellowship Program?
- How will you benefit, personally and professionally, from the Yunus&Youth Fellowship Program?
- What are your current challenges running your social business?
- What functions in which you and your social business mostly need support with knowledge / experience?
- If you were able to get all the resources needed to succeed, how would you envision your social business two years from now? How would it look like? Think big.
- How did you find out about us?
- Let us know anything else you didn’t get the chance to tell us.