We care about your privacy.
- Our Collection and Use of Information.
We collect PII and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) about you in a number of ways. PII means information that you voluntarily provide to us and which personally identifies you, such as your name, telephone number, physical address, email address, and any other data or information that would allow someone to personally identify you. Non-PII means information that does not personally identify you, including anonymous information and aggregate data.
We may use the information you provide in many ways, including to contact you, deliver information and updates about Y&Y, and analyze use of our Site. As discussed below, you may choose to opt out of receiving information from us at any point.
- Information you provide.
Fellowships. If you apply for a Y&Y fellowship, you will be asked to submit, through the Site or otherwise, PII (such as your name, telephone number, email address, biographical information and other social media accounts that we may use to contact you). If you are awarded a fellowship, you hereby agree that Y&Y may publicly display your name, likeness and some of your biographical information on the Site and otherwise include that information in promotional and informational materials.
Employment and Volunteering. If you seek a job, an internship or to volunteer with Y&Y, you may elect to submit, through the Site or otherwise, PII (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, resume and other social media accounts that we may use to contact you). All PII that you provide related to your potential employment or volunteer opportunities will be viewed by Y&Y strictly for the purpose of evaluating your application and/or responding to your employment and volunteer-related inquiries, and will not be shared by Y&Y with any third parties.
Mentoring. If you are a corporate professional who wishes to participate in the Y&Y fellowship program as a mentor, you will be asked to submit, through the Site or otherwise, PII (such as your name, title, telephone number, email address, resume and other social media accounts that we and our fellows may use to contact you).
Donors. If you are an individual who wishes to donate to Y&Y, you may be asked to submit, through the Site or otherwise, PII (such as your name, email address, phone number and credit card information). If you are a corporation or other organization that wishes to donate to Y&Y, you may be asked to submit, through the Site or otherwise, information about your organization, including the PII of your organization’s authorized representative. Y&Y will not trade, share or sell PII of donors with anyone, nor send mailings to donors on behalf of other organizations, unless donors explicitly consent to the sharing of their PII.
Other. If you submit PII to Y&Y (via the Site or otherwise) for any other reason, such as to subscribe to the Y&Y Newsletter, or to receive further information as to a particular topic through our Contact Us page or via email, we will collect, store and use this information for the purposes for which you submitted it.
It is always your choice whether to provide PII about yourself, and if you submit PII about any other person, you need his or her consent. DO NOT SUPPLY PII ABOUT OTHERS UNLESS YOU HAVE THEIR CONSENT. BY SUBMITTING PII ABOUT OTHERS, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO Y&Y THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO DO SO.
- Other information we collect. Sometimes we collect information about you without your submitting it. For example, we may collect your IP address each time you request a page during a visit to the Site, along with your internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, number of links you click while in the Site, and similar information concerning your use of the Site. We collect some information automatically from visitors to the Site, such as by the use of “cookies,” “web beacons” and other tracking mechanisms. For instance, when you return to the Site after logging in, cookies provide information to the Site so that it will remember who you are. If you do not want to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject them. If you do not want us to collect information about your geographic location, you must disable the technology that transmits this information. However, if you turn cookies off, you may not have access to some of the Site’s features. We also may employ web beacons to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of the Site. We prohibit web beacons on our Site from being used by third parties to collect or access your PII.
- Use/sharing of your information. Except for PII submitted in connection with seeking employment or a volunteer position, or as otherwise noted in Section 2, we may use PII we collect about you (whether or not through the Site) for any authorized purpose relating to the mission of Y&Y, including evaluating fellowship and mentorship applications, creating a tailored fellowship program for each of our fellows, providing information to our current and potential professional partners and donors, and contacting you. We may also disclose and provide such PII to other parties (including persons located outside the United States) who participate in our fellowship and other programs. We will not otherwise share your PII, except as required by law, requested by governmental entity or law enforcement authority, subpoena, court order or discovery request, or when we otherwise believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with any activity that violates the law or may expose us to liability. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any of your information in such circumstances. We may share non-personally identifiable information we collect for a variety of purposes. For instance, we may disclose aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about our Site visitors and fellowship applicants to organizations or individuals that have provided us with funding or with which we have other relationships, for informational purposes. We reserve the right to make full use of information that is not PII.
- Other websites. Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. These third parties may collect information from you. These third parties and their computer services may be located in the United States or in other countries. If you visit any third-party website linked to this Site, you are subject to that third party’s own privacy policies. We strongly encourage you to learn about the privacy and security practices of those third parties.
- Information Security. We endeavor to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use using technical, administrative and physical security measures. However, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet, and you provide PII to us at your own risk that it may be viewed or used by unauthorized persons. Y&Y EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND RELATING TO ANY PII THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US OR OTHERS THROUGH THE SITE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you believe that you have been a victim of identity theft through this Site, please notify us at the address for Notices below.
Address for Notices: [email protected]